• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Help!!! I cant get contacts out of eyes!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TJ5

Bluelighter
I hope it ok to post this ? here. Mods please dont be mad if not, as these damn lenses been in my eyes FAR past recommended limit of 12 hrs. They didnt even put instructions with
these other than to advise not to wear past 12 hr, not to use any lubricant
except for the sterile solution sold with them which I havent, and to wash
and
dry hands thoroughly before putting them in or removing. The place I bought them said to pull down lower lid and have lense ready on finger to put iin and thats what I been doing last day and a half trying to take out. I wash hands, pull lower lid down. have clean and dry. finger and looking right at it, pput index finger over lense trying to get out and the damn
things just stay in no matter what I do. They irritated, red and vision is blurry. Is there
something or a trick to this I obviously dont know? I have medical insurance but it
doesnt cover vision. Please help!!!

I hate it when that happens:X

k so here's what i do.

Put a drop or two of lubricant in your eye (you can just use the contact lense solution) Have a real good blink to spread the solution around your eyeball.

Use a clean and very dry finger and place it on the edge of the contact lense. You're gunna have to put a bit of force on your eyeball, and try and drag that little sucker off to the side. You can be pretty forceful (to the point where you're actually moving you're own eyeball with your finger - sounds gross i know)
When you have succesfully slid it off to the side where it'll be sitting on the white part of your eye, use your thumb and forefinger to 'pinch' it off. - and that's about it.

This problem is caused by a lack of moisture between the surface of the lense and your eyeball.

Good luck.

;)

^ The pinching solution normally does the trick when contact lenses get stuck. If that didn't rectify your problem, I'd suggest going back to your eye doctor ASAP and having them show you how to remove it.

Hey thanks alot for the help! After a few minutes, I finally got the one causing me irritation and
pain and got the other one a couple hours after the left one. I dont know why they dont inlude
way more info like how to put them in and take out, or warn in advance this problem might happen,
especially with certain meds that have side effects like dry mouth eye, and also they dont indicate
which side should go against the eye. Both sides look exactly alike and the seller had said its important
to put the right side of the lense against your eye, but how is one supposed to know? The left side didnt feel
quite right so I tried to remove and re insert opposite side, but couldnt get it out until shortly after your
advice. Its been several hours since the left one came out and my eye feels irritated, tearing constantly still
and is red. The other one feels ok so I fear I had the wrong side against my left eye and both my left eye and
nose are running like hell. Im guessing a possible allergy perhaps and hopefully mellows out soon. Has
this ever happened to you? If so, I'm kinda hoping to hear after a days sleep after work, it should be ok. I guess
I'll visit the doc if it gets worse or not better by tonight. Anyway thanks a bunch.

i've had this happen before when i used to wear contacts all the time. I would just try and spray a bit of saline solution in my eyes and just grab and pull off with some force. It left a red circle around my iris from the irritation. It feels like you are pulling off an old scab but on your eyeball...yea doesn't sound too pleasant...

We don't sell contacts to anyone unless they have had an appointment for a fitting and step by step instructions on how to do it. If you cannot take the contacts in and out in the office. You can't buy them for us.

Did you not go somewhere for a fitting so you would know the size of contact to buy?
If you do not have the proper fit, they will stick to your eyeballs and peeling them off can give you a corneal abrasion.

I assume you have not been to a contact lens technician/fitter who would have told you everything you need to know.

OP, it appears your problem has been solved, so I'm going to close this. If you want it reopened, send me (or Changed, the other HL mod) a PM. :)

In the future, as PI stated, get your contacts from a place that shows you how to put in and take out your contacts.

Status
Not open for further replies.